You’re capable of more than you think. You already have proof of this, but have you noticed? At some point in your life, you might even have surprised yourself by accomplishing something that seemed well beyond your abilities. Think back. Was that incident as much of a fluke as you thought it was?
Too often the very thing that’s limiting us is ourselves. We tend to play it safe, doing the same things over and over that we know we’re good at without trying to push beyond. After all, trying new things is scary.
Today, though, is going to be different. Today you’re going to do something bold and daring. Today, you’re going to push past your limitations. Here’s how:
1. Tell yourself you’re going to do this. The moment you say those magic words, whatever you’re pushing yourself to do becomes possible in your mind. It’s when you tell yourself that you can’t do something you’re doomed to failure. On the other hand, a strong can-do attitude will help you to act with boldness until you can start feeling it as well.
2. Find someone who knows what you’re going through. Tapping into someone else’s experience is one of the most powerful things you can do to help you realize your goals. A mentor whose boldness you admire has the wisdom to help you get where you want to go. As a bonus, they also become that encourager who will give you that solid kick in the seat of the pants when you need it.
3. What’s the plan? You’re never going to be able to push yourself to your highest limits without a solid list of mini-goals and milestones to get you there. Bold actions require a roadmap sometimes!
4. Keep a record. By journaling and writing down every day’s successes you have something tangible that you can go back and page through to see where you’ve been and how much you’ve accomplished. This record becomes inspiration and motivation both, as it reminds you of all those times where you acted with boldness in the past.
5. Dare yourself. If you’re at all competitive by nature, then use that to your advantage. Set small challenges for yourself. Make a bet that you can do something by a specific date and then push yourself to do it. Show yourself what a winner you are.
Never be afraid to challenge yourself. Boldly press on, daring to cover new ground and challenging every limitation. Don’t stop until you get to where you want to be. You can do this!
To book a call with Sue, click the button now!